Its Easter!!!..time to remember why exactly we celebrate this holiday, and NO!! i do not mean seeing the Easter Bunny or going Easter Egg hunting..hahaha. But the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
As your guest dine although them to view a mini portrait of you or before the event is to take place collect baby pictures of your guests to create your own personal centerpiece.
🙂 Guests are sure to crack smiles 🙂
(but shouldn’t eat the eggs )
Girlllllllllllllllllllllllllllls you will love what I just what I just found…I’m having a little gathering at my house this Friday, and the theme of the event is “Everything Coco”, so I have advised my guests to bring unique ingredients or recipes so that we will be able to create interesting and tasty dishes. Try out this Choco Taco recipe, this will have all your party guests singing its “Chocolaty”…
– Makes 12 –
For crepe taco shells:
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 to 3 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
For chocolate syrup:
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of salt
Chocolate chip ice cream (vanilla also works)
1 cup peanuts
1. For crepe shells: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Gradually add in the milk, vanilla, and melted butter, stirring to combine. Add the flour and salt. Beat until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled, small griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. (We used a tiny 6-incher for easy maneuvering.) Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan for each “shell,” tilting to make sure the liquid coats the surface evenly.
3. Cook the crepe on each side for about 2 minutes, until light brown.
4. This is the fun part. Pick a book. We went with Franz Kafka’s The Trial. Oh yeah, make sure it’s a pretty clean book. Shape the crepe around the bookbinding so it forms a taco shell mold. Freeze this contraption for ten minutes. Be careful when setting up; these are delicate.
5. Continue cooking crepe shells, shaping them around books, and freezing.
6. For the chocolate syrup: Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Add water. Mix until smooth. Bring to boil for one minute, then remove pan from heat. Once cooled, add vanilla.
7. After the first frozen shell is pretty sturdy, pull it out and drizzle inside with this (not burning hot) chocolate syrup. A paintbrush comes in handy here. Throw syruped shells back into the freezer so chocolate can firm up.
8. Wait at least five minutes before pulling them out. Delicately stuff them with ice cream, then return them to the freezer for another ten minutes of firming-up.
9. Remove proto-Choco Tacos and drizzle them with extra syrup. Crush peanuts and throw those on top too.
Heyyyy Guys!!!!…well today..yes only for this day only i decided to shake things up. YEAAAAHHH!!!
Well as you guys know, well everyone should know that how you look, what you wear, and sometimes how you smell creates the mood for your events. Well hey guys and girls, we are working on the hair today.
While browsing found some great beauty finds for less than $20 dollars..check them below…
Head & Shoulders Ocean Lift Shampoo and Conditioner ($4.74 each, drugstores): “Great for anything from a dry, itchy scalp to dandruff.” Tip: Use the pair; the antidandruff ingredient is in both. —Nicole Lynn, Studio Two, Allentown, PA
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum ($6, drugstores): “Creates a beautiful, shiny finish.” Tip: Work through dry hair from ends up. —Nicole Lynn
Göt2b Playful Texturizing Crème Pomade ($6, drugstores): “Gives short hair a sleek look.” —Valery Joseph, Valery Joseph Salon, N.Y.C.
VO5 Detangle & Shine Daily Leave-In Conditioner ($3.49, drugstores): “Replenishes moisture that styling aids have stripped away.” —Valery Joseph
Cristophe Deep Thermal Reconstructor ($15, CVS): “The mask heats up, so ingredients really penetrate.” —William George, James Joseph Salon, Boston
Suave Naturals Juicy Green Apple Shampoo ($1.29, drugstores): “It’s so gentle — very good for daily use.” —Lea Journo, creative director, Lea Journo Salon, Beverly Hills, CA
Nexxus Heat Protexx Heat Protection Styling Spray ($12, drugstores): “Prevents styling damage.” Tip: Let it sink in. —Nicholas Penna Jr., Salon Capri, Newton, MA
Burt’s Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo and Conditioner ($8 each, drugstores): “Makes my fine hair fat!” —Jet Rhys, Jet Rhys Salon, San Diego
Pantene Pro-V Volume Mousse ($4, drugstores): “The lightweight formula gives big style and healthy shine.” —Adrian De Berardinis, De Berardinis Salon, N.Y.C.
Kiss My Face Upper Management Medium Hold Styling Gel ($9, Whole Foods): “Your hair moves, yet still manages to hold its shape.” —Jet Rhys
Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion ($8, drugstores): “Controls frizz without feeling sticky.” —David John, Serge Normant at John Frieda, L.A.
Essence of Beauty TST Tourmaline Silver Technology Round Brush ($11, CVS): “Hot air moves through this vented brush, so hair dries faster.” —David John
Dove Extra Hold Hairspray ($4, drugstores): “Calms frizz without leaving a stiff hold.” —Nicholas Penna Jr.
It’s seems like its baby season again..so do you know what that means? Baby Showers!!!!..so a perfect way to paint the sky blue or pink with just a few easy and inexpensive steps.
Tea Party Theme
Start your baby shower tea party by sending out a tea bag invitation. A tea bag invitation is just your invitation folded in tea bag fashion could also be written in tea bags, you should be able to buy some in your craft store
These invitations can also be purchased at Whirlibird.com for .40 cents each
Or if you desire to take another route you can always make your very own personalized invitations. But before you start take in consideration the sex of the baby and the color scheme in which you would like for the event.
Tea Party Decor
What a interesting way to incorporate flowers into your tea party, for only $8.99
These all natural teas will have your guests feeling like their in paradise with the aromas of Jasmine, Osmanthus, Honeysuckle, Peppermint and Chrysanthemum
Tea Party Food
Star Tea Sandwiches
15 radishes, shredded
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
1 stick plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) butter, softened
Grated peel of 1/2 lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
One 1-pound loaf sliced whole wheat bread (16 to 18 slices)
In a bowl, toss the radishes with the dill. In another bowl, stir together the butter, lemon zest and pepper. Spread the lemon butter on one side of each bread slice; cover with the radish mixture and sprinkle with salt. Using a 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the sandwiches. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Here is cool and inexpensive chocolate covers for the shower…for only .25 cents each you can cover mini Hersey bars in your very own personalized candy wrappers from http://www.whirlibird.com. You can place these in a large glass dish so that your party guests can grab them as they leave out.
Another option would be to create candy pacifiers and hang them on a small branch, similar to the one that is below.
(Source: Creative Baby Shower Ideas)
Don’t you think its about time you treat yourself or great friends to the spa? I DO!!!…well below are some tips for you to create an event of pure relaxation from start to finish that you don’t want to miss :).
First we will start with beginning to sooth the soul by cleansing the face:
For The Face
What you need:
• 2 bags of chamomile tea and a cotton ball
• Place the tea bags in a cup and add boiling water.
• Allow to cool until just warm.
• Soak the cotton ball in the tea and blot all over your face until skin is cool and damp. Leave on for 15
minutes, then rinse.
Easy Foot Treatment
Throw those hard feet through the window with this easy foot treatmeant….
(Source: Every Day with Rachael Ray)
Things that you need:
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
• 1/2 cup coconut milk
• 1 lemon, cut in half
• Coarse salt or coarse raw sugar
• In a small bowl, combine the honey, almonds and milk.
• Pour the mixture into a bowl large enough to soak both feet and add hot water.
• Soak your feet for a few minutes, then dip the lemon halves in the salt or sugar and rub them on your
feet to exfoliate.
• Soak your feet for 10 minutes more.
(Source: Cocktails 2008)
• 3 pears, sliced
• 3 oranges, sliced
• 6 Granny Smith apples, sliced
• 24 canned lychees, drained
• 1 1/2 pineapples, peeled and cut into large chunks
• One 750-milliliter bottle vodka
• One 750-milliliter bottle Sauvignon Blanc or other dry, citrusy white wine
• One 750-milliliter bottle sake
• In an airtight container or large bowl covered with plastic wrap
• Combine all of the ingredients except the ice and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
• Strain the mixture into a punch bowl, discarding all of the fruit except for the lychees.
• Add enough ice to chill the sangria to serving temperature.
• Serve in ice-filled white wine glasses
(Source: Every Day with Rachael Ray)
• 1 grapefruit, peeled
• 1 pound lump crabmeat
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
• 2 tablespoons snipped chives
• Tabasco sauce, to taste
• Salt, to taste
• 2 ripe Hass avocados
• Using a small, sharp knife, cut between the membranes of the grapefruit, releasing the segments into
a small bowl.
• In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon, chives, Tabasco and
• Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and gently scoop the meat out of the shells, keeping the
shape intact. Cut each avocado half into thin slices, still keeping the shape, then mound some crab
salad where the pits used to be.
• Wrap each serving tightly with plastic wrap, twisting the end of the wrap to form a tight ball. Unwrap
and garnish with grapefruit segments.
Last but not least..Purple Yam Ice Cream..a perfect cool receipe that your guests will be craving for more!!!
• Include boiled red mung beans
• Kidney beans
• Garbanzos, sugar palm fruit (kaong)
• Coconut sport
• Plantains caramelized in sugar
• Condensed Milk
• Purple Yam-found at a local Chinese grocery store
• Other fruits, such as papayas, avocados, kiwifruit, bananas or cherries, may also be added.
• Fruits, and beans are first placed inside the tall glass, followed by the shaved ice.
• This is then sprinkled with sugar, and topped with either (or a combination of) leche flan, ube halaya,
or ice cream.
• Condensed milk is poured into the mixture upon serving.
Sexy cool cookies…YuMmY
What a wonderful day it is in sunny Miami, FL :).
As i began my day, i came across this wonderful cool inexpensive creative candle idea, and the thing about it is, it is so easy too do. Items such as soup cans, plastic bottles, and even old clothing hangers that we all throw away on a daily basis can be used to create wonderful centerpieces or hanging decorative displays for any evening event.
Source:P.Allan Smith Garden Home